You can use the WatchGuard Server Center Setup Wizard to choose the directory where your report data files are stored. The Report Server stores all data files in this directory. After this wizard is complete, you cannot change the data directory from the WatchGuard Server Center application. The Report Server stores the XML report files in a different location that you can change from WatchGuard Server Center.
To change the location where the Report Server stores report data, you must set up the Report Server again. To move the report data directory, you edit the wrserver.ini file and run the WatchGuard Server Center Setup Wizard again. When you run the wizard again, you specify the new directory location, but the data in the old directory is not automatically moved to the new directory. You must manually move the data from the old directory to the new directory location before you use the wizard to specify the new directory for the Report Server.
When you run the WatchGuard Server Center Setup Wizard to reconfigure your Report Server, the pages that appear in the wizard can be different from the pages described in this topic. The instructions here assume that your computer has only the Management Server, Log Server, and Report Server installed. If you have other WatchGuard servers installed, additional pages can appear in the wizard.
For information about these pages, see the complete Set Up WatchGuard Servers topic.
Because the Log Server and the Report Server both use the PostgreSQL database, if you have these servers installed on the same computer and you move the database, it is moved for both servers.
Step 1 — Stop Services
- Open WatchGuard Server Center.
- Stop and Start Your WatchGuard Servers.
- Close WatchGuard Server Center.
- Stop the PostgreSQL-8.2 service.
- From Windows Control Panel, select Administrative Tools > Services.
The Services window appears.
- Select PostgreSQL-8.2 and click Stop.
The service stops.
Step 2 — Move the Report Data
- Create the new report directory.
For example, E:\WatchGuard\report_directory\reports.
- Go to the original report directory folder and copy the entire directory folder. Make sure to include all the folders and files in the directory.
For example, in Windows 10, go to the C:\ProgramData\WatchGuard\reports folder. Copy the \data subfolder and all the files in it.
- Paste the original report directory in the new location.
For example, E:\WatchGuard\report_directory\reports. Make sure you paste the entire report directory. In these examples, this includes the \data folder.
Step 3 — Run the Setup Wizard
- Open the wrserver.ini file and change the WizardSuccess value to "0".
For Windows 10, 8, and 7, the file is in the C:\ProgramData\WatchGuard\wrserver folder.
- Delete this file: \Program Files\WatchGuard\wsm11\postgresql\install\pg_install.ini.
- Open WatchGuard Server Center. The Status for the Report Server is Not configured.
- In the Servers tree, select Report Server.
The Report Server page appears.
- To launch the WatchGuard Server Center Setup Wizard for the Report Server, click Launch Wizard.
A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK to launch the wizard.
The WatchGuard Server Center Wizard appears.
- Click Next to start the wizard.
The Review Settings page appears.
- Review the Report Server Settings.
- Click Next.
- Complete the WatchGuard Server Center Wizard.
The wizard installs the PostgreSQL program and configures the Report Server.
- On the Report Server page, click Refresh.
The Report Server is started and the Report Server configuration pages appear.
- Restart the Log Server.