From WatchGuard Server Center, you can enable your Report Server to send notification messages when failure events occur, and when the Report Server database nears the maximum size you selected. You can also specify the details for the notification messages.
For more information about failure events for the Report Server, see the Report Server Failure Events section.
For information about how to set the maximum size of the Report Server database, see Configure Server Settings for the Report Server.
- In the Servers tree, select Report Server.
- Select the Notification tab.
The Notification page appears.
- To enable notification messages to be sent when a failure event occurs on the Report Server, select the Send an email notification when a failure event occurs on this Report Server check box.
- To configure the SMTP Server Settings and Notification Setup settings, follow the procedures in the next sections.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Configure the SMTP Server Settings
For email notification to work correctly, you must specify the address of an SMTP email server the Report Server can use to send email messages.
In the SMTP Server Settings section:
- In the Outgoing email server (SMTP) text box, type the address of your SMTP server.
If your SMTP server accepts connections on a port other than port 25, type the address of your SMTP server in the format <localhost>:<port number>.
For example, smtp.example.com:42.
- If your email server requires authentication, select the Send credentials to the email server check box.
- In the User name text box, type the user name for the email server.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the email server.
If the user name and password are not required for your SMTP server, you can leave these fields blank.
Configure Notification Message Settings
You can specify the email accounts to use to send email notification messages and select the subject text for the messages.
In the Notification Setup section:
- In the Send email to text box, type the full email address of the account to which you want to send notification message.
- In the Send email from text box, type the full email address of the account from which you want to send notification messages.
- In the Subject text box, type the subject line you want users to see when they receive an event notification email.
- To send a test notification email to the address you specified, click Test Email.
A message appears that tells you if the notification email was sent successfully, or if it failed to send.
When a failure event occurs on the Report Server, and you have enabled logging for failure events, the Report Server sends a notification message about the failure event. Failure events for the Report Server include PostgreSQL service failures, system failures, and network failures.
A notification message is sent for these failures:
- Lost database connection
If the connection to the database is lost and cannot be reestablished immediately, a notification message is sent. The server continues to try to connect to the database until the connection succeeds. The server sends a notification email every 15 minutes until the database connects to the server again.
- Database errors
This includes I/O errors, disk-full conditions, and any other database-related failures.
- Report generation errors
This includes I/O errors that occur when the XML report file is created.
- Lost Log Server connection
If the Report Server cannot connect to the Log Server because the Log Server is not running, or another system error occurs (for example, a network error), the Report Server sends a notification message.