When the administrator enables notification on the Quarantine Server in WatchGuard Server Center, the recipient of quarantined messages receives a notification email message about their quarantined messages.
The notification message includes:
- Subject and message body text defined by the administrator in the Quarantine Server settings
- A Go to Quarantine Server link to the web page on the Quarantine Server that enables the user to manage quarantined messages
- A count of the total number of quarantined messages
- A Quarantined Email Report, which lists the 50 most recent quarantined messages
For example, an email notification message might look like this:
The Quarantined Email Report shows the most recently quarantined messages. To see the content of a quarantined message, click the message subject in the report. The message body appears in the default web browser.
To access the Quarantine Server from the links in the notification message:
- The web browser must allow cookies.
- If you use the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser, the name of the system where you installed the Quarantine Server cannot contain an underscore character.
Manage Quarantined Messages
After users receive a notification message about their quarantined messages, they can go to the WatchGuard Quarantine Email Web UI to manage their quarantined messages.
- In the notification message, click Go to Quarantine Server.
The WatchGuard Quarantine Email Web UI appears in the default web browser, with the Messages page selected.
- To see the quarantined messages categorized as spam, select the Spam tab.
For each message, the Quarantine Server shows the sender, subject, date and time received, and type.
- To see the message type, hover over the Type column for a message.
Message types include:
- Suspected spam
- Confirmed spam
- To see quarantined messages that might contain a virus, select the Virus tab.
For each message, the Quarantine Server shows the sender, date and time received, and risk level.
- To see the risk level, hover over the Risk column for a message.
Risk levels include:
- Possible virus
- To see quarantined messages identified by APT Blocker, select the APT tab.
For each message, the Quarantine Server shows the risk level, sender, subject of the message, and the date and time it was received.
From the Quarantine Email Web UI, the email recipient can delete quarantined messages. For messages categorized as spam, the recipient can also choose to release the message from quarantine and send it to the original destination address.
The Quarantine Email Web UI does not enable users to see or manage messages quarantined by the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) service. Only the administrator can manage those messages.
Manage Individual Messages
- To view the message body for a quarantined message, click the message subject.
The message body appears in a browser dialog box.
- To delete a virus or spam message from the Quarantine Server, at the bottom of the dialog box, click Delete.
- To release the message to the original destination address, click Send to Mailbox.
The Quarantine Server releases the message from quarantine and sends it to the original recipient address.
Manage Multiple Messages
To manage multiple messages:
- Select each message to manage.
Selected messages are highlighted, with a check mark in the left column.
- To take the same action on all selected messages, click a button:
- Send to mailbox — Releases the selected messages from quarantine and sends them to the original destination address.
- Delete selected — Deletes the selected spam or virus messages from the Quarantine Server.
- Delete all — Deletes all spam and virus messages from the Quarantine Server.
Change Quarantine Notification Settings
From the Quarantine Email Web UI, the recipient can disable or enable notification settings for quarantined email.
- In a notification message, click Go to Quarantine Server.
The Quarantine Email web page appears in the default browser.
- Select Personal Settings.
- Select an option:
- Do not notify me — No notification emails are sent to the recipient at the original destination address.
- Notify me by email — Notification emails are sent to the recipient at the original destination address.
- Click Update Settings.