There are three Traffic Management Action types:
- All Policies — Action settings apply to the combined bandwidth of all policies that use the action.
- Per Policy — Action settings apply individually to each policy that uses the action.
- Per IP Address — Action settings apply individually to each source IP address for any policy that uses the action.
Traffic Management Actions are not restricted to a specific Firebox interface. You can assign separate Traffic Management Actions for forward and reverse traffic managed by a policy. You can apply Traffic Management Actions to applications and application categories, in addition to policies.
The maximum number of configurable Traffic Management Actions depends on the device model:
- Firebox T10, T30, and M200: 100
- XTMv, FireboxV, Firebox M300, Firebox T50, and Firebox T70: 300
- XTM 800 Series or higher; Firebox M400, M440, M500: 500
To see detailed traffic management statistics:
- In Firebox System Manager, select the Traffic Manager tab.
- In Fireware Web UI, select the Traffic Management System Status page.
For information about how to configure and monitor Traffic Management, see:
- Define a Traffic Management Action
- Add Traffic Management Actions to a Policy
- Use Traffic Management with Application Control
- Monitor Bandwidth by Traffic Management Action