IPSec Mobile VPN Client Requirements
Before you install the WatchGuard IPSec Mobile VPN Client, make sure you understand these requirements and recommendations.
- You can install the WatchGuard IPSec Mobile VPN Client software on any computer with a supported version of Windows or macOS. For information about which operating systems are compatible, see the Operating System Compatibility list in the Fireware Release Notes. You can find the Release Notes for your version of Fireware OS on the Fireware Release Notes page of the WatchGuard website.
- Before you install the client software, make sure the remote computer does not have any other IPSec VPN client software installed. You must also uninstall any desktop firewall software (other than Microsoft firewall software) from each remote computer.
- We recommend that you install all available service packs for your client operating system before you install the Mobile VPN client software.
- WINS and DNS settings for the Mobile VPN client are obtained in the client profile you import when you set up your Mobile VPN client.
- We recommend that you keep all default Mobile VPN client settings unless this documentation directs you to change a setting.