A new Firebox with factory-default settings has two enabled interfaces:
- Interface 0 is enabled as an external interface, as a DHCP client.
- Interface 1 is enabled as a trusted interface, with the IP address 10.0.1.1/24, and DHCP server is enabled.
Use these guidelines when you connect cables to your Firebox.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect Firebox interface 0 on the device to the switch or router that connects to the Internet.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect Firebox interface 1 to your management computer.
- Connect the power cable to the Firebox power input and to a power source.
For XTM 5 Series devices, Interface 0 does not support Auto-MDIX, which automatically senses the cable polarity. XTM 5 Series devices ship with two Ethernet cables. Use these guidelines to decide which Ethernet cable to use with Interface 0:
- To connect Interface 0 to an interface on a switch or router that supports Auto-MDIX, you can use either included Ethernet cable.
- To connect Interface 0 to an interface on an older switch or router that does not support Auto-MDIX, use the included green straight Ethernet cable. Your switch or router might be set to a different polarity. If the green Ethernet cable does not work, try the red cross-over Ethernet cable.