Use these guidelines when you connect cables to your Firebox.
- Connect the power cable to the Firebox power input and to a power source.
- Use a straight Ethernet cable (green) to connect your management computer to a hub or switch.
- Use a different straight Ethernet cable to connect your Firebox to the same hub or switch.
- Use a red crossover cable to connect the Firebox trusted interface to the management computer Ethernet port.
For XTM 5 Series devices, Interface 0 does not support Auto-MDIX, which automatically senses the cable polarity. Use these guidelines to decide which type of Ethernet cable to use with Interface 0:
- To connect Interface 0 to an interface on a switch or router that supports Auto-MDIX, you can use either Ethernet cable.
- To connect Interface 0 to an interface on an older switch or router that does not support Auto-MDIX, use the green Ethernet cable. Your switch or router might be set to a different polarity. If the green Ethernet cable does not work, try the red cross-over Ethernet cable.
- To connect Interface 0 to a PC, use the red cross-over Ethernet cable.