- Understand FireCluster requirements and plan your configuration, as described in Before You Configure a FireCluster.
- Connect the devices to the network, as described in Connect the FireCluster Hardware.
- Configure FireCluster in Policy Manager. You can use one of these methods:
For an active/active cluster, you must also complete these steps:
- Make any necessary configuration changes to your layer 3 network routers and switches to support the multicast MAC addresses used by the FireCluster.
For more information, see Switch and Router Requirements for an Active/Active FireCluster.
- Add static ARP entries for each of the layer 3 network routers and switches that connect to the FireCluster.
For more information, see Add Static ARP Entries for an Active/Active FireCluster .