On the Dimension System Information page, you specify the host name for your Dimension system and select the IP address method that Dimension uses: static or DHCP. If you specify a static IP address, we recommend that you specify an IPv4 address.
You can also specify the setting to send feedback to WatchGuard. We recommend that you enable the option to send feedback to WatchGuard. All feedback is encrypted and helps WatchGuard to improve Dimension features. For more information, see the Send Feedback to WatchGuard section in the Modify Dimension System Information topic in the
- In the Host Name text box, type the host name to use for Dimension.
- From the IP Address Method drop-down list, select DHCP or Static.
If you select Static, text boxes open for the IP address and DNS settings.
- For a static IP address:
- In the IPv4 Address / Mask text boxes, type the IP address and subnet mask to use for Dimension.
- In the Default Gateway text box, type the default gateway addresses to use for Dimension.
- In the DNS Server text box, type the IP address for the DNS server.
- In the Domain Name text box, type the default domain name for the DNS server.
- The Send feedback to WatchGuard check box is selected by default. We recommend that you keep this selection.
- Click Next.