You can configure a primary and a backup authentication server with any of the third-party authentication server types. If the Firebox cannot connect to the primary authentication server after three attempts, the primary server is marked as inactive and an alarm message is generated. The device then connects to the backup authentication server.
If the Firebox cannot connect to the backup authentication server, it waits ten minutes, and then tries to connect to the primary authentication server again. The inactive server is marked as active after the specified time interval is reached.
For detailed procedures to configure primary and backup authentication servers, see the configuration topic for your third-party authentication server.
- Configure RADIUS Server Authentication
- Configure OneSpan Server Authentication
- Configure SecurID Authentication
- Configure LDAP Authentication
- Configure Active Directory Authentication