Applies To: WatchGuard EPP
The WatchGuard EPP Security dashboard shows an overview of the security status of the network for a specific time period. Several tiles show important information and provide links to more details.
In WatchGuard EPP, the Status page includes some of the dashboards and lists available in WatchGuard EPDR and WatchGuard EDR.
The WatchGuard EPP Security dashboard does not include:
- Classification of all programs run and scanned
- Information on malware activity, blocked programs, PUP activity, or exploit activity
- An Advanced Protection column in the Computer Protection Status list
Time Period Selector
The dashboard shows information for the time period selected by the administrator in the drop-down list at the top of the Status page.
You can select the following time periods:
- Last 24 hours
- Last 7 days
- Last month
- Last year
Some tiles do not show information for the last year. If last year information is not available for a specific tile, a notification is displayed.
The WatchGuard EPP Security dashboard includes these tiles:
- Protection Status
- Offline Computers
- Outdated Protection
- Programs Allowed by the Administrator
- Threats Detected by Antivirus
Click a tile to view detailed information.
The icons in the Advanced Protection, Antivirus, Updated Protection, and Knowledge columns indicate their status:
- — Installing
- — Enabled
- — Disabled
- — Error
- — No License
- — Not Available
- — Pending Restart
The Protection Status tile shows:
- Computers where WatchGuard EPP is working properly
- Computers with errors or problems installing or running the product
Click the tile to open the Computer Protection Status list.
To filter the Computer Protection Status list:
- Click Filters.
- Select the Computer Type.
- Specify platform, connection, and protection parameters.
- Select the Protection Status.
- Click Filter.
The Offline Computers tile shows the number of computers that have not connected to the cloud for a number of days.
Click the tile to see details of the computers that might be susceptible to security problems and require attention.
The Outdated Protection tile shows the number of computers with a signature file that is more than three days older than the latest released file. It also shows the computers with an antivirus engine that is more than seven days older than the latest released engine.
- Protection: For at least seven days, the computer has had a version of the antivirus engine older than the latest released engine.
- Knowledge: The computer has not updated its signature file for at least three days.
- Pending Restart: The computer requires a restart to complete the update.
Click the progress bar in the tile to see the list of computers associated with each status:
- Computers with out-of-date protection
- Computers with out-of-date knowledge
- Computers pending restart
These tiles show the number of programs allowed by the administrator which WatchGuard EPP initially prevented from running. These programs were classified as a threat (malware, PUP, or exploit) or unknown files in the process of classification.
Click the tile to display specific information in a list.
Click History to review all events related to threats and unknown files in the process of classification that the administrator allowed to run.
This tile shows all intrusion attempts that WatchGuard EPP detected in the selected time period. The data covers all infection vectors and all supported platforms. Administrators can get specific data (volume, type, form of attack) related to the malware.
Click the tile to see detailed information about detected threats.