Configure security settings profiles to define how WatchGuard Endpoint Security protects the computers on your network against threats and malware.
Settings vary for WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, and WatchGuard EPP. If you do not see a setting in the web UI, it is not supported by your product.
To configure a workstation and server security settings profile:
- From the top navigation bar, select Settings.
- From the left pane, select Workstations and Servers.
- Select an existing security settings profile to edit, copy an existing profile, or in the upper-right corner of the page, click Add to create a new profile.
The Add Settings or Edit Settings page opens.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the settings profile.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a brief description of the settings profile.
- Select General to configure:
- Local alerts — For more information, see Configure Local Alerts
- Updates — For more information, see Configure Automatic Signature File Updates
- Removal of other security products — For more information, see Automatic Removal of Security Products
- File exclusions from scans — For more information, see Exclude Files and File Paths from Scans
- To configure the behavior of advanced protection and anti-exploit protection against APTs, targeted attacks, and advanced malware, select Advanced Protection. For more information, see Advanced Protection.
- To configure parameters that control the antimalware protection against viruses and threats, select Antivirus. For more information, see Configure Antivirus Scanning.
- To configure parameters that control the firewall and the intrusion detection system against network attacks, select Firewall.
For more information, see Configure Firewall Settings (Windows computers).
- To configure parameters that control user access to the peripheral devices connected to the computer, select Device Control.
For more information, see Configure Device Control (Windows Computers).
- To restrict access to Web content categories and unknown pages, select Web Access Control. For more information, see Configure Web Access Control.
- Click Save.
- Select the profile and assign recipients, if required.
For more information, see Assign a Settings Profile.