Settings vary for WatchGuard EPDR, WatchGuard EDR, and WatchGuard EPP. If you do not see a setting in the web UI, it is not supported by your product.
In the General settings of a workstations and servers settings profile, you can configure automatic signature file updates. WatchGuard Endpoint Security uses signature files to identify threats. The WatchGuard client agent downloads signature files (knowledge updates) to help identify the newest security threats.
We recommend that you do not disable automatic updates. A computer with out-of-date signatures becomes more vulnerable to malware and advanced threats over time.
To configure automatic signature file updates:
- From the top navigation bar, select Settings.
- From the left pane, select Workstations and Servers.
- Select an existing security settings profile to edit, copy an existing profile, or in the upper-right corner of the page, click Add to create a new profile.
The Add Settings or Edit Settings page opens.
- Type a Name and Description for the profile, if required.
- Select General.
- Enable the Automatic Knowledge Updates toggle.
- To Run a Background Scan Every Time There Is a Knowledge Update, enable the toggle.
A computer scan runs every time an updated signature file downloads. These scans have minimum priority so they do not impact the user.
- Click Save.
- Select the profile and assign recipients, if required.
For more information, see Assign a Settings Profile.