You cannot install WatchGuard Endpoint Security on a computer with an antivirus or security product from another vendor.
If WatchGuard Endpoint Security has the uninstaller for a third-party product, it can uninstall it and then install WatchGuard Endpoint Security. To uninstall a third-party antivirus product, the computer might have to restart. If WatchGuard Endpoint Security does not have the uninstaller, the installation process stops.
If a computer is already protected with legacy Panda endpoint security software, WatchGuard Endpoint Security automatically uninstalls the communications agent, then installs the WatchGuard client agent. The client agent checks if a protection upgrade is required. If an upgrade is required, it installs the upgrade and restarts the computer.
For information on products that WatchGuard Endpoint Security can automatically uninstall, see Programs Automatically Uninstalled by WatchGuard Endpoint Security.
Configure Automatic Removal of Other Security Products
You can configure WatchGuard Endpoint Security to automatically uninstall third-party security products when the software is installed or updated on a client computer. Once a day, the software checks this setting when it looks for an update.
To configure automatic removal of other security products during updates:
- From the top navigation bar, select Settings.
- From the left pane, select Workstations and Servers.
- Select an existing security settings profile to edit, copy an existing profile, or in the upper-right corner of the page, click Add to create a new profile.
The Add Settings or Edit Settings page opens.
- Type a Name and Description for the profile, if required.
- Select General.
- To Automatically Uninstall Protections from Other Vendors, enable the toggle.
If WatchGuard Endpoint Security does not have the uninstaller, the installation process stops. You must uninstall the other security product manually.
- Click Save.
- Select the profile and assign recipients, if required.
For more information, see Assign a Settings Profile.