You can add a filter to dynamically group computers and devices on your network. A computer or device can belong to more than one filter.
To add a filter:
- From the top navigation bar, select Computers.
- From the left pane, select Filters.
- Next to the folder where you want to add a filter, click .
- Select Add Filter.
The Add Filter dialog box opens.
- Type a Name for the filter.
The name does not have to be unique.
- Specify the filter rules.
Each filter rule identifies one characteristic of the computers on the network.
- To narrow the list of available properties, select a category.
- Specify the properties, operators, and values for the rule.
- To add another rule, click New Condition.
- To join the rules, select a logical And or Or operator.
For more information, see Example Filters.
- To group rules, when there are more than 2 rules, select the check box beside 2 or more rules and click Group Conditions.
A thin line appears to join the filter rules in the group. The use of groups enable you to group operations at different levels in a logical expression.
- Add as many rules as necessary for the filter.
To delete a rule, click the minus sign next to the rule.
- Click Add.
The new filter appears on the Filters tab.