This document describes how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for Rakurakuseisan with AuthPoint as an identity provider. Rakurakuseisan must already be configured and deployed before you set up MFA with AuthPoint.
Rakurakuseisan Authentication Data Flow with AuthPoint
AuthPoint communicates with various cloud-based services and service providers with the SAML protocol. This diagram shows the data flow of an MFA transaction for Rakurakuseisan.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- End-users can log in to Rakurakuseisan
- A token is assigned to a user in AuthPoint
- You have an AuthPoint identity provider (IdP) certificate (see Certificate Management)
To start, you must download the metadata fileThe metadata provides your resource with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider. from the Certificate Management page in the AuthPoint management UI. Once you have that, you can configure Rakurakuseisan.
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint. If you have a Service Provider account, you must first pivot to your Subscriber view.
- Select Resources.
- Click Certificate.
- Next to AuthPoint certificate you will associate with your resource, click and select Download Metadata and Download Certificate.
We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date.
The AuthPoint metadata provides your resource, in this case Rakurakuseisan, with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider.
- Open a new tab and log in to Rakurakuseisan as an administrator.
- Select 管理 -->システム設定 > セキュリティタブ > シングルサインオンの設定.
- In the シングルサインオン設定 section, select 有効にする.
- Click メタデータをダウンロードする to download the Rakurakuseisan metadata file.
- Open the AuthPoint metadata file you downloaded and find the SingleSignOnService Location and SingleLogoutService Location values.
- In the IDプロバイダーのログインURL text box, type or paste the SingleSignOnService Location value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- In the IDプロバイダーのログアウトURL text box, type or paste the SingleLogoutService Location value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- Below IDプロバイダーの証明書, click Browse and upload the AuthPoint certificate
- Click .
Before AuthPoint can receive authentication requests from Rakurakuseisan, you must specify Rakurakuseisan as a SAML resourceIn AuthPoint, resources are the applications and services that your users connect to. in AuthPoint. You must also assign an access policyAccess policies specify which resources users in a group can authenticate to and which authentication methods they can use. for the Rakurakuseisan resource to the user group(s) that must authenticate to log in.
Add a Rakurakuseisan Resource in AuthPoint
From the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Resources.
- From the Choose a Resource Type drop-down list, select SAML. Click Add.
- On the SAML page, in the Name text box, type a name for this resource.
- From the Application Type drop-down list, select Other.
- Open the Rakurakuseisan metadata file you downloaded and find the entityID and AssertionConsumerService Location values.
- In the Service Provider Entity ID text box, type or paste the entityID value from the Rakurakuseisan metadata file.
- In the Assertion Consumer Service text box, type or paste the AssertionConsumerService Location value from the Rakurakuseisan metadata file.
- From the User ID drop-down list, select User Name.
- From the Signature Method drop-down list, select SHA-256.
- From the AuthPoint Certificate drop-down list, select the certificate to associate with your resource.
We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date. For more information, see Certificate Management.
- Click Save.
Add an Access Policy to AuthPoint
You must have at least one user group in AuthPoint for authentication with Rakurakuseisan, and you must assign an access policy for the Rakurakuseisan resource to that group. If you already have a group, you do not have to add another group.
In the AuthPoint management UI:
- Select Groups.
- To add a new group, click Add. If you already have a group that you want to use, click the Name of your group to edit it.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of the group.
- In the Access Policy section, click Add Policy.
- In the Add Policy dialog box, from the Resource drop-down list, select the resource you want to add an access policy for.
- (Optional) To require that users type their password before they authenticate for this resource, select the Require Password Authentication slider.
- Select which authentication options users in this group can choose from when they authenticate.
For SAML resources, if you select more than one authentication option, users must choose one of the available options when they authenticate. For example, if you select OTP and Push users can choose whether to type their OTP or approve a push to authenticate, but you cannot require that they do both.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Add one or more safe locations to your group. For more information about safe locations and detailed instructions to add them, see About Safe Locations.
- Click Save.
Before you can assign users to a group, you must add them to AuthPoint. You can either manually add user accounts, or import user accounts from your LDAP database. For more information about how to add user accounts, see Add User Accounts.
Test the Integration
To test the integration of AuthPoint and Rakurakuseisan, you can authenticate with a token on your mobile device. You can choose any method (push, QR code, or one-time password).
In this example, we show the push authentication method (users receive a push notification in the mobile app that they must approve to authenticate).
The email address or user name of your AuthPoint user account must match the user name or email address you use to log in to Rakurakuseisan.
- In a web browser, go to the Rakurakuseisan logon URL.
- Type your email address or AuthPoint user name. Click Sign In.
- If required, in the Password text box, type your password.
- For the authentication method, select Push.
- Click Send.
- Approve the authentication request that is sent to your mobile device.
You are logged in to Rakurakuseisan successfully.