This document describes how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for BlueJeans® with AuthPoint as an identity provider. BlueJeans must already be configured and deployed before you set up MFA with AuthPoint.
BlueJeans can be configured to support MFA in several modes. For this integration, we set up SAML with AuthPoint.
BlueJeans Authentication Data Flow with AuthPoint
AuthPoint communicates with various cloud-based services and service providers with the SAML protocol. This diagram shows the data flow of an MFA transaction for BlueJeans.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- End-users can log in to BlueJeans
- A token is assigned to a user in AuthPoint
- You have an AuthPoint identity provider (IdP) certificate
To start, you must download the metadata file from the Resources page in the AuthPoint management UI. Once you have that, you can configure BlueJeans.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint. If you have a Service Provider account, you must first pivot to your Subscriber view.
- Select Resources.
- Click Certificate.
- Next to AuthPoint certificate you will associate with your resource, click and select Download Metadata.
We recommend that you choose the certificate with the latest expiration date.
The AuthPoint metadata provides your resource, in this case BlueJeans, with information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider.
- Log in to BlueJeans as an administrator.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select Group Settings.
- Select the Security tab.
- For Authentication Options, select SAML Single Sign On.
- Upload the AuthPoint certificate you downloaded.
- Open the AuthPoint metadata file you downloaded and find the SingleSignOnService Location and SingleLogoutService Location values.
- In BlueJeans, in the Login URL text box, paste the SingleSignOnService Location value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- In the Logout URL text box, paste the SingleLogoutService Location value from the AuthPoint metadata file.
- Select the Pick User Id from <saml2:NameID> element check box.
- In the Email text box, type your email address.
- Click Save Changes.
Before AuthPoint can receive authentication requests from BlueJeans, you must specify the BlueJeans client as a SAML resource in AuthPoint. You must also assign an access policy for the BlueJeans resource to the user group that will authenticate through BlueJeans.
Add a SAML Resource in AuthPoint
From the AuthPoint management UI:
- From the navigation menu, select Resources.
- From the Choose a Resource Type drop-down list, select SAML. Click Add.
- In the Service Provider Entity ID text box, type http://samlsp.bluejeans.com.
- In the Assertion Consumer Service text box, type https://bluejeans.com/sso/saml2/.
- Click Save.
Add an Access Policy to AuthPoint
You must have at least one user group in AuthPoint for authentication with BlueJeans, and you must assign an access policy for the BlueJeans resource to that group. If you already have a group, you do not have to add another group.
In the AuthPoint management UI:
- Select Groups.
- To add a new group, click Add. If you already have a group that you want to use, click the Name of your group to edit it.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of the group.
- In the Access Policy section, click Add Policy.
- In the Add Policy dialog box, from the Resource drop-down list, select the resource you want to add an access policy for.
- (Optional) To require that users type their password before they authenticate for this resource, select the Require Password Authentication slider.
- Select which authentication options users in this group can choose from when they authenticate.
For SAML resources, if you select more than one authentication option, users must choose one of the available options when they authenticate. For example, if you select OTP and Push users can choose whether to type their OTP or approve a push to authenticate, but you cannot require that they do both.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Add one or more safe locations to your group. For more information about safe locations and detailed instructions to add them, see About Safe Locations.
- Click Save.
Before you can assign users to a group, you must add them to AuthPoint. You can either manually add user accounts, or import user accounts from your LDAP database. For more information about how to add user accounts, see Add User Accounts.
Test the Integration
To test the integration of AuthPoint and BlueJeans, you can authenticate with a mobile token on your mobile device. You can choose any method (one-time password, QR code, or push).
In this example, we show the push authentication method (users receive a push notification in the mobile app that they must approve to authenticate).
- In a web browser, navigate to BlueJeans.
The AuthPoint single sign-on page appears.
- Type your email address or AuthPoint user name. Click Next.
- If required, in the Password text box, type your password.
- For the authentication method, select Push.
- Click Send.
- Approve the authentication request that is sent to your mobile device.
You are logged in to BlueJeans.