SEATTLE and BOULDER, Colorado – October 13, 2016 – WatchGuard® Technologies, a leader in advanced network security solutions, and ManagedMethods, a leading provider in the cloud access security broker (CASB) space, have developed the industry’s most complete network and cloud security solution for detecting, investigating, and blocking network and cloud application threats faced by small and midsize organizations and distributed enterprises.
Sensitive data can move freely between the enterprise and the cloud, and IT security teams struggle to maintain control, prevent data loss, and reduce risk. The ManagedMethods Cloud Access Monitor integrates with WatchGuard Dimension to deliver enhanced visibility and control into shadow IT, cloud application usage, compliance, and reporting. WatchGuard Dimension is a cloud-ready visibility and management platform used to analyze event logs from WatchGuard Firebox appliances. This data is integrated into Cloud Access Monitor to extend visibility and reporting to the cloud, as well as to mobile devices outside of the corporate network, by utilizing APIs of popular cloud applications.
Key integration features:
- Extend visibility, reporting, and malware scanning beyond the network to cloud applications, including: Office 365, Google Apps, Dropbox, and Box.
- Enforce security policies by identifying and blocking high-risk cloud application usage on the network with a risk database of more than 4,500 applications.
- Data loss prevention with 24/7 monitoring and alerts of risky behavior and sensitive data activity.
- Gain visibility into shadow IT, including unsanctioned cloud application usage.
- Compliance monitoring and reporting for PII, PCI HIPAA, and other regulations.
“Organizations of all sizes are challenged with safely leveraging cloud applications in a rapidly evolving threat landscape,” said Corey Nachreiner, WatchGuard CTO. “WatchGuard delivers a powerful, layered approach to network security, and now together with ManagedMethods, customers can take advantage of enhanced cloud application security that extends beyond the perimeter of the network.”
“We are excited to provide this integrated cloud security solution to WatchGuard’s customers,” said Charlie Sander, CEO of ManagedMethods. “With today’s intensified risk of data leaks, malware attacks and even unintentional insecure employee behaviors, having a single point of visibility and control is a game-changer.”
“WatchGuard has been delivering industry-leading and easy-to-use network security technologies to my customers for over 10 years, and they continue to develop and integrate with advanced technologies that help us keep our customers on top of the latest security threats,” said John Gawf, CTO of Saje Network Systems. "The WatchGuard-ManagedMethods integrated solution gives my customers the power they need to quickly identify and prevent cloud application threats.”
WatchGuard at ITxpo, Orlando, Florida, October 16-19:
- The WatchGuard-ManagedMethods integration will be on display at the Gartner ITxpo in Orlando, Florida from October 17-18.
- Stop by booth #1212 to view a live demo and learn more about this integration as well as all of WatchGuard’s latest network security solutions.
- Join Corey Nachreiner on October 18 during the ITxpo Solution Provider Session (SPS) as he discusses cloud application risks and new breeds of network security threats that organizations face today.
Learn more about this integration and all of WatchGuard’s technology integrations by viewing the WatchGuardONE Technology Partner Page.
ManagedMethods develops Cloud Access Security (CASB) solutions that provide organizations visibility and control over Shadow IT and the growing use of cloud applications. Privately held and based in Boulder, Colorado, ManagedMethods solutions are available today through managedmethods.com or your trusted value-added reseller.