Copy the WebBlocker Database from One WebBlocker Server to Another
After you install WebBlocker, you usually download the full WebBlocker database from WatchGuard. If you already have a WebBlocker Server, you can copy the WebBlocker database from that server to the new server. The WebBlocker database is over 250 MB. Dependant on the speed of your Internet connection, it might be faster to copy the WebBlocker database from a local server, than to download the full database from WatchGuard.
Before You Begin
Before you copy the WebBlocker database, you must install the WebBlocker Server on the second server.
You must install the WebBlocker Server in the same location on both servers.
You usually do this when you select the server components to install in the WatchGuard System Manager Installer. If you did not do this, run the setup procedure as described in Install WatchGuard System Manager Software, but select only the WebBlocker Server component.
These instructions use the default installation location for WatchGuard System Manager 11.0. The version number is part of the installation path. If you use a different version, you must change the path in some of these steps to match your version number. If you installed the server in a different location on both servers, use that path.
Copy the WebBlocker Database and Configuration Files
- Copy the contents of \programdata\watchguard\wbserver\db from the existing server to the same location on the new server.
- Copy the file \programdata\watchguard\wbserver\conf\CSPConfig.ini from the existing server to the same location on the new server.
- On the new server, open \programdata\watchguard\wbserver\wbserver.ini in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Add these two lines to the bottom of the file (include the quotes and the line break):
SurfConfigFile = "\
If you do not complete this step, the configuration file is not recognized and the WebBlocker Server does not start.
- On the new server, copy the file \programdata\watchguard\wsm11.0\wbserver\conf\license.ini
to the target server directory \programdata\watchguard\wbserver\conf.
Run the Utility to Install the WebBlocker Service
Usually, this step is done for you automatically when you download the database. If you copy a local database, you must run this command manually.
- In the Windows start menu, select Start > Run.
- Type (include the quotation marks):
"C:\program files(x86)\watchguard\wsm11.0\wbserver\bin\wbserver" -config
Start the WebBlocker Server on the Target Server
- Right-click in the system tray and select Open WatchGuard Server Center.
The Connect to WatchGuard Server Center dialog box appears.
- Type your Username and Administrator passphrase.
- Click Login.
WatchGuard Server Center appears.
- In the Servers tree, right-click WebBlocker Server.
- Select Start Server.
The WebBlocker server starts and uses the copied database.