The Dashboard page appears by default in the Threat Detection and Response web UI, when you log in as a user with Operator, Analyst, or Observer credentials. The Dashboard includes several counters and metrics, and is a snapshot of activity for your account. The date and time the data was last refreshed appears at the top-right of the page. To update the data, click Refresh Now.
The top of the Dashboard has three widgets that summarize the current indicators, remediations, and host sensor status.
The Threat Detection and Response Dashboard provides a summary of the current indicators reported on your network. The Dashboard indicators appear in one of three categories, based on the score:
- Critical — Scores of 8, 9, or 10
- High — Scores of 6 or 7
- Medium/Low — Scores of 3, 4, or 5
From the Indicators panel, you can complete these actions to see details about the indicators:
- To open the Indicators page with filters set for a specific threat level, click the number for that threat level.
- To see a filtered list of indicators for a threat category, click the number or bar of the category.
- To see a list of all indicators with a threat score of 3 or higher, click the total number at the left of the panel.
For more information about threat scores, see About TDR Threat Scores.
The Remediations panel shows statistics for Host Ransomware Prevention, Automated, Machine Guided, and Open remediations. The total number is the sum of Host Ransomware Prevention, Automated and Machine Guided remediations. A Host Ransomware Prevention remediation is an action taken by a Host Sensor configured in Prevent mode to remove ransomware from the host. An Automated remediation is a successful action completed by the system, based on a policy. A Machine Guided remediation is a requested action successfully performed by an Operator.
From the Remediations panel, you can complete these actions to see details about the indicators:
- To open the Indicators page with filters applied to show indicators for a specific remediation status, in the Remediations panel, click the number for that status.
- To see the indicators for each of the filters (Score, Action Requested, Outcome, and User), click the Host Ransomware Prevention, Automated or Machine Guided number.
- To see details about all remediated indicators, click the Total number.
- To see details about all unremediated indicators, click the Open number .
The Hosts panel shows statistics about hosts and Host Sensors in your account. The top-left number indicates the number of hosts that have a Host Sensor installed. The bottom-left number indicates the number of Host Sensor licenses for your account. On the right, the numbers show the number of installed Host Sensors in each of four states.
- — Host Sensor is installed and operational
- — Host Sensor is installed but has a problem
- — Host Sensor is not communicating
- — Host Sensor has shut down correctly
Unresolved Indicator Timeline
The Unresolved Indicator Timeline appears in the middle section of the Dashboard page. This timeline shows historical indicators with scores higher than 2.
In the Unresolved Indicator Timeline:
- The left scale is the indicator threat score.
- The size of each bubble reflects the number of Unresolved Indicators for that day.
- The color of each bubble corresponds to the color of the scores in the Incidents and Indicator pages.
To see more detail in the timeline, you can zoom in on a section of the timeline and click or hover on a bubble.
- To zoom in on a section of the timeline, click and drag over the area of the chart to select.
The chart resizes to show the selected area.
- To zoom out to the full timeline view, click Reset Zoom.
To see more detail about a bubble:
- Place your cursor over the bubble.
The bubble changes to blue. A tooltip appears with the Date, Score, and Count. The Count is the number of indicators with the score shown.
- To see the list of indicators associated with a bubble, click the bubble or, in the tooltip, click Count.
The Indicator page appears, filtered for the Score and Date of the selected bubble.
Top Indicators by Host
The Top Indicators by Host section appears at the bottom of the Dashboard page. This is a list of the top ten hosts, in order by the number of indicators that have not been remediated.
To open the Indicators page with filters applied to show the indicators for a specific host, click the host name.