About Traffic Management in Fireware OS v11.9 and Higher
In Fireware OS v11.9 and higher, Traffic Management works differently than in previous versions.
- There are three Traffic Management Action types:
- All Policies — the action settings apply to the combined bandwidth of all policies that use the action.
- Per Policy — the action settings apply individually to each policy that uses the action.
- Per IP Address — the action settings apply individually to each source IP address for any policy that uses the action.
- Traffic Management Actions are not tied to a specific Firebox interface.
- You can assign separate Traffic Management Actions for forward and reverse traffic handled by a policy.
- You can apply Traffic Management Actions to applications and application categories, in addition to policies.
- The Traffic Manager tab in Firebox System Manager shows detailed traffic management statistics.
- The Traffic Management System Status page in Fireware Web UI shows detailed traffic management statistics.
If you upgrade a device from Fireware OS v11.8.x or lower to Fireware OS v11.9, any existing Traffic Management Actions are removed from the configuration. You must reconfigure Traffic Management after the upgrade.
The maximum number of configurable Traffic Management Actions depends on the device model.
- XTM 2 Series, XTM 3 Series, Firebox T10, T30, Firebox M200 — 100
- XTM 5 Series, XTM 8 Series, XTMv, FireboxV, Firebox M300, Firebox T50, T70 — 300
- XTM 800 Series and higher, Firebox M400, M440, M500 — 500
For information about how to configure and monitor Traffic Management in Fireware OS v11.9 or higher, see:
- Define a Traffic Management Action in v11.9 and Higher
- Add Traffic Management Actions to a Policy
- Use Traffic Management with Application Control
- Monitor Bandwidth by Traffic Management Action