See Policy Template Details
When you add a policy, you select a policy template, which specifies whether the policy is a packet filter or proxy policy, and defines the ports and protocols the policy applies to. Fireware includes predefined packet-filter and proxy policy templates for many common network ports and protocols.
When you add a policy, you select from a list of policy templates. To see more detail about a policy template, click the policy template name. In Policy Manager, you can also select a policy template and click Edit to see the policy template details. You cannot edit or delete the predefined policy templates. You can only add or edit custom policy templates.
For more information about custom policies, see About Custom Policies
- Select Firewall > Firewall Policies or Firewall > Mobile VPN IPSec Policies.
The Policies page you selected appears.
- Click Add Policy.
The Add Firewall Policy page appears.
- Select a policy type:
- Packet Filter
- From the adjacent drop-down list, select a policy template.
The ports, protocols and description for the policy appears.
- If this is a custom policy template, you can click Edit to edit it. For more information, see Create or Edit a Custom Policy Template.
- Click .
Or, select Edit > Add Policies.
The Add Policies dialog box appears.
- In the Add Policies dialog box, select a policy template.
The ports, protocols and description appear in the Details section.
- Click Edit.
The Policy Template dialog box appears.
- If this is a custom policy template, you can edit it here. If this is a predefined policy you cannot edit it.
For more information, see Create or Edit a Custom Policy Template.