Import and Export Custom Policy Templates
If you manage several Fireboxes and have custom policies for them, you can use the policy import/export function to save time. You can define the templates on one Firebox, export them to an ASCII file, and then import them to another Firebox.
The Firebox where you created the policies must run the same version of WSM as the version of Policy Manager you use to import the policies. You cannot import a template from a previous version into the current version.
- On the first Firebox, define custom policy templates.
- Click Export.
You do not have to select the custom policies. The Export function automatically exports all custom policies regardless of which policy is actually selected.
- In the Save dialog box, select where you want to save the policy templates file. Type a name for the file and click Save.
The default location is My Documents > My WatchGuard.
- From Policy Manager on a different Firebox, in the Add Policies dialog box, click Import.
- Find the file you created in Step 3 and click Open.
- If custom policy templates are already defined in the current Policy Manager, you are asked whether you want to replace the existing templates or append the imported templates to the existing templates. Click Replace or Append.
If you click Replace, the existing templates are deleted and replaced with the new templates.
If you click Append, both the existing and the imported templates are listed in alphabetical order under Custom.