Configure and Use L2TP on Android
Mobile devices that run Android version 4.x and higher include a VPN client. You can use the Android VPN client to make an L2TP VPN connection to a Firebox.
Configure the L2TP Network Settings
To configure L2TP network settings, on the Android device:
- On the Settings page, in the Wireless & Networks section. select More > VPN.
- Click Add VPN Network.
The Edit VPN network page appears.
- In the Name text box, type a name for this VPN connection, such as "L2TP XTM".
- If Mobile VPN with L2TP on the Firebox is configured to use a pre-shared key as the IPSec credential method:
- In the Type drop-down list, select L2TP/IPSec PSK.
- In the IPSec pre-shared key text box, type the pre-shared key for this tunnel. The pre-shared key must match the pre-shared key configured on the Firebox Mobile VPN with L2TP IPSec settings.
- If Mobile VPN with L2TP on the Firebox is configured to use a certificate as the IPSec credential method:
- In the Type drop-down list, select L2TP/IPSec RSA.
- Make sure the certificate is imported to your Android device.
- In the Server Address text box, type the external IP address of the Firebox to connect to.
- Save the connection.
Start the L2TP Connection
To start the VPN connection:
- Select the L2TP VPN connection you configured.
- Type the Username and Password.
- Click Connect.