Configure User Lockout Settings
You can specify how many attempts each user can make to log in to Dimension before that user account is locked, how long a user account remains locked, and after how many unsuccessful login attempts the user lockout is permanent.
When a user account is permanently locked out, an administrator must manually unlock the user account. For more information about how to unlock a user account, see Manage Users and Groups.
Super Administrator user accounts are always temporarily locked out; they cannot be permanently locked out.
To configure the lockout settings for all Dimension user accounts:
- Select > Administration > Administration > Access Management.
The Access Management page appears, with the Users & Groups page selected.
- Select Configuration.
- Select the Lockout tab.
- To unlock the configuration so you can make changes, click .
For more information about how to unlock and lock the Dimension configuration, see Lock and Unlock the Dimension Configuration.
- Select the Enable local user account lockout check box.
- To specify for how many minutes each user is locked out, in the Users Locked Out For text box, type the number of minutes.
- To specify how many times each user can specify the wrong password before the lockout occurs, in the Users Locked Out After text box, type the number of attempts.
- To specify the number of unsuccessful attempts after which the lockout is permanent, in the Lockout is Permanent After text box, type the number of attempts.
- Click Save.