Schedule OS Update
You can use the WatchGuard System Manager Update OS Wizard to schedule an update of the OS (operating system) for one or more of your managed Fireboxes. Before you begin, make sure that the OS update file for the managed device you want to update is installed on your Management Server. You cannot schedule an OS update if the update file is not installed on the Management Server. Before a scheduled OS update for a Firebox is complete, the Firebox reboots.
You cannot schedule an OS update for a FireCluster, or any FireCluster member. Instead, you must manually update the OS for each FireCluster member. For more information about how to update the OS for a single Firebox, see Upgrade Fireware OS or WatchGuard System Manager.
Install an OS Update
To install the automatic OS update on your Management Server:
- Go to the Software Downloads page.
- Choose your Firebox device model to see all available downloads.
- Download the OS update file for your Firebox to your management computer (the computer where your Management Server is installed).
This is an EXE file. For example, XTM_OS_1050_11_12_2.exe.
- Go to the location on your management computer where you saved the EXE file, and run the file to install Fireware OS on your management computer.
Schedule an OS Update Task
On the WatchGuard Server Center Management Server page, in the Scheduled Tasks section:
- Click Schedule OS Update.
The Update OS wizard starts.
- Read the Welcome message and click Next.
The Select the device page appears.
- Select the Device Type from the drop-down list and click Next.
The Select the devices page appears.
- Select the check box for each Firebox that you want to update and click Next.
You must have the correct OS version installed on your Management Computer for each of the selected devices. The Select the OS version page appears.
- Select an OS Version from the drop-down list and click Next.
The Select the Time and Date page appears.
- To update the OS immediately, select Update OS immediately.
To schedule the update for a future time, select Schedule OS update.
- If you selected Schedule OS update, select the date from the Date drop-down list, and set the time in the Time text box.
- Click Next.
The Schedule the OS update page appears.
- Click Next.
The Update OS Wizard is complete page appears.
- Click Close to finish the wizard.
The OS is updated if you selected Update OS immediately, or scheduled if you selected Schedule OS update. The number of scheduled tasks appears in the Scheduled Tasks section.
When the scheduled OS update occurs, the Management Server updates the Firebox OS and reboots the Firebox.
You can also schedule an OS update for more than one device at a time from any Devices folder or Management Groups folder. For more information see, Use Device Folders and Configure Management Groups.