Download a Feature Key
You can use Policy Manager to download a copy of your current feature key from the Firebox to your management computer.
- Select Setup > Feature Keys.
The Feature Keys dialog box appears.
- Click Download.
The Get Firebox Feature keys dialog box appears.
- In the User Name and Passphrase text boxes, type the credentials for a Device Monitor (read-only) user account.
- From the Authentication Server drop-down list, select the correct authentication server for the user account you specified.
- Click OK.
You can also use Firebox System Manager to download a current feature key from the WatchGuard website to the Firebox.
- Start Firebox System Manager.
- Select Tools > Synchronize Feature Key.
The device contacts the WatchGuard website and downloads the current feature key.
For more information see this video tutorial: Retrieve and Import a Feature Key using WSM.
To enable the device to automatically download a new feature key when a feature is about to expire, you can enable automatic feature key synchronization. For more information, see About Feature Keys.