About Factory-Default Settings
The term factory-default settings refers to the configuration on a new Firebox when you first receive it. You can also reset a Firebox to factory-default settings as described in Reset a Firebox.
For a Firebox M5600, you must install an interface module in slot A before you start the Firebox with factory-default settings.
Default Network and Device Management Settings
Default network interface settings:
- Interface 0 is enabled as an external interface, as a DHCP client.
- Interface 1 is enabled as a trusted interface, with the IP address 10.0.1.1/24, and DHCP server is enabled.
- Interface 32 is enabled as a trusted interface, with the IP address 10.0.32.1, and DHCP server is enabled (Firebox M5600 only)
Web UI Management Port:
- The default port for connections to Fireware Web UI is port 8080.
- To connect to Fireware Web UI on Interface 1, browse to https://10.0.1.1:8080.
- To connect to Fireware Web UI on Interface 32, browse to https://10.0.32.1:8080.
Default Device Management user accounts and credentials:
- Device Administrator role with read-write access
- User name: admin
- Passphrase: readwrite
- Device Monitor role with read-only access
- User name status
- Passphrase: readonly
When you run the Web Setup Wizard or WSM Quick Setup Wizard, you can change the network settings and set new passphrases for the Device Management accounts.
When the Firebox starts with factory-default settings, it automatically attempts to download the device feature key from WatchGuard. For the automatic device feature key download to succeed:
- Interface 0 must be connected to a network with a DHCP server that can assign an interface IP address
- Interface 0 must be connected to a network with Internet access
- The Firebox must already be registered to your account on the WatchGuard website
The Firebox must have a feature key so that you can configure all features and licensed subscription services. If the Firebox does not have a feature key, it allows only one outgoing connection from the trusted network. If the Firebox cannot automatically download the feature key, you can add it when you run the Web Setup Wizard or WSM Quick Setup Wizard.
Default Policies and Settings
After you start a Firebox with factory-default settings, you must connect to the Firebox on Interface 1 or Interface 32 and run the Web Setup Wizard or WSM Quick Setup wizard to create a basic configuration. The default policies and services that the setup wizards configure depend on the version of Fireware installed on the Firebox.
For more information, see Setup Wizard Default Policies and Settings